- Full Time
Cox Automotive is looking for a forward-thinking individual to lead the Manheim Inspection app delivery. Vehicle inspections are critical for buyers and sellers to understand the vehicle condition for determining necessary repairs, building confidence for digital purchases, and determining vehicle value. The inspection is captured via a mobile app and is used by Cox Team Members at our 70+ locations around the United States.
The Product Delivery Manager will partner with the product manager, clients, operational excellence and the Manheim auction team to understand needs, develop innovative solutions, then lead the delivery team in supporting the product strategy. The Product Delivery Manager is responsible for leading a scrum team, feature breakdown and user stories for developers.
This role requires a high-level technical understanding of imaging capabilities. The successful candidate must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced software development environment. They must be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and make appropriate product decisions quickly. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are necessary.
This role is part of the Manheim Digital Product Management team focused on Vehicle Information and is based in Atlanta, GA.
- Partner with the Product Manager to understand the imaging goals, the 12-18 month plan, and to evolve the milestones based on client feedback and team capacity
- Provide the vision and strategy to the delivery team and ensure their understanding to make a positive impact on the client experience.
- Communicate plans across delivery teams to ensure the proper prioritization, sequencing, and dependency mitigation
- Prioritize the backlog for the current rolling 3 months of work, have conversations with business and product partners regarding trade-offs when needed
- Collaborate with Product Manager, Product Readiness, and Change Management to ensure operational communications, client marketing and launch materials (new and ongoing) are planned and executed
- Our expectation is that all team members contribute to user stories, but the Product Delivery Manager is key in ensuring team alignment and completeness to the vision.
- Responsible for day-to-day product responsibilities including writing and prioritizing stories, hosting estimation and grooming sessions with delivery team, and attending team standups, retrospectives and other team meetings / outings
- Execute the product roadmap to deliver solutions that delight clients and maximize market share growth, revenue and margins
- Help research technical options and identify data sources, logic and rules by working both with the delivery team and with other teams to learn their offerings and availability
- Develop new solutions and features based on product and business objectives
- Provide clear direction to the delivery team through defined product priorities, schedules and dependencies
- Work with team members spanning delivery teams to execute successful delivery of product features
- Identify key use cases and KPI’s to evaluate product performance
- Work closely with Delivery Manager and Scrum Master to ensure team health and growth on their Agile journey and to ensure team is operating at expected capacity
- Work with delivery team and product analytics to ensure the ability to measure and track the value being created by the solutions and features delivered
- Understand the buyer client utilizes our tools and the areas of opportunity to facilitate prioritization and focus on the most impactful features
- Analyze and process data from multiple sources to aid in decision making
- Visit with clients in person, at least once per quarter, to enhance knowledge of the clients’ needs and opportunities
- Monitor Opinion Lab comments for trends, opportunities, and possible defects
- Reach out to clients to understand feedback
- Provide feedback to delivery team members as needed to support the health of the team
- Be a champion for the product, the delivery team and their goals
- Be available to respond very quickly to client issues and help the team to problem solve
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Director, Product Management
- Product Management team members
- Technology team members
- Internal Business stakeholders
- User Experience and Client Experience
- Operational Excellence
- Product Analytics
- 4-7+ years experience in product management, product software delivery, business analysis, physical auction operations, software quality assurance or related functions
- Experience leading scrum teams in Agile methodologies
- Ability to work with product and technology resources across different organizations
- Ability to work directly with customers to understand how they use the provided applications
- Work efficiently, sometimes with incomplete information to close gaps
- Self-starter who proactively seeks to understand the client experience journey and associated pain points
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships within and across delivery teams
- Understanding of software development lifecycles
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.