Sales Representative, Marketing, Sales & Design
- Full Time
IEEE is the world’s largest professional association advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. We are a catalyst for exciting breakthroughs in computing, sustainable energy systems, aerospace, communications, robotics, healthcare, and many other disciplines that improve the quality of life. Discover your future as part of the IEEE team. Consider the following opportunity:
Sales Representative, Marketing, Sales & Design
Piscataway, New Jersey
The successful applicant will sell IEEE Legacy Products to smaller academic institutions and corporate organizations worldwide. The person in this position will be responsible for handling all leads that are generated by the Lead Generation Program, either handing them off to the appropriate sales person or working to close those leads not part of an established territory. He or she will be evaluated by sales revenues, the numbers of prospects and customers that are driven to WEBEX sales presentations and trainings, and the number successful trials for IEEE legacy products. The person in this position will work closely with Director Sales and Business Development and Marketing to create new sales programs and promotions to increase lead generation. The role typically reports to the Director Sales and Business Development and manages 0 direct reports. This position requires some supervision.
Essential Functions of this position include but are not limited to:
Sales: Oversee, maintain, and grow IEEE revenues within assigned territory
- Responsible for achieving yearly sales between $ 500,000 and $1,500,000 including New Business growth of at least $200,000
- Manage all incoming leads within territory
- Interface and collaborate with other sales channels when required
- Present and sell company products and services to potential clients
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned
- Prepare presentation, proposals and sales contracts
· Customer Relationships:
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships to ensure renewal of installed base
- Identify and resolve client concerns
- Coordinate and encourage customer training with Client Services
Assist in Marketing Efforts:
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows and other events
- Work with the Director to provide input and compete tasks associated with developing and implements the annual Sales and Marketing Plan
- Help to identify and develop new product and service opportunities with product marketing and product management organizations
- Test potential product offerings with customer base for feasibility
- Provide information and feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff
- Design marketing campaigns for target markets
- Prepare a variety of status reports including activity, closings, follow-up and adherence to goals.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strongly prefer a BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering
- Minimum 2+ years successful and documentable experience in a revenue generating position in sales or marketing preferred.
Skills & Other Requirements:
- Strong skills in communication, project management and time management
- Must be technologically savvy knowledge worker who seeks out technology solutions to business challenges
- Specific technology knowledge and experience needed to product desired outcomes include: PC skills particularly with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel , CRM software
- Good presentation skills to audiences of up to 30 people. Must be able to make a sales presentation in person and via webex. Territory reviews (in person) twice per year to the Sales and Marketing department and managers is required.
- Business fluency in other languages will be looked upon favorably since some of the new business leads are international is preferred.
Join us in an environment where people look forward to coming to work! IEEE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k) plan with company match, a defined contribution retirement plan, a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, company paid life insurance, and a business casual dress code.
Please apply online by going to this URL: https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=190416&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
Only those resumes that go through the URL from the web address will be considered. NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE.
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under [Category I—Office Position].
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Visit www.ieee.org to view details about open positions in one of our four offices: Los Alamitos, CA; New York City; Piscataway, NJ; & Washington, DC.
The IEEE is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.