Design SEO Editor - Hunker
- Full Time
Hunker believes good design should be a part of everyday life—and that you don’t have to be an expert to make it happen.
Leaf Group is a house of digital brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories, including Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com and MyPlate) and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, Society6 and Hunker). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate, creative audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
We are looking for a Design SEO Editor to continue building Hunker’s topic authority through the production and optimization of our design content from our Santa Monica office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Design SEO Editor grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Senior Content Director
A typical day as Design SEO Editor might include:
- Editing 4-5 pieces of content on any number of topics relating to home, design, decor, home improvement, etc. Examples: tile selection for small bathrooms, bohemian living room design tips, modern living room lighting options.
- Assigning out titles to a team of contributors (currently 10+) to reach about 80 pieces per month.
- Liaising with Hunker’s SEO Director to discuss and build upon keyword strategy.
You’ll be successful if you have a keen understanding of SEO and are able to produce content that meets search criteria, but is written in Hunker’s approachable voice and is full of inventive ideas and beautiful photography.
What You Have:
- 3-5 years experience writing, assigning, and editing digital content in a fast-paced environment.
- While the ideal candidate will have previous experience writing and editing for a decor/design/home-related publication, decor enthusiasts who can demonstrate technical knowledge of home improvement and current trends are also welcome to apply.
- Ability to manage high-volume workload and meet quotas without sacrificing quality
- Experience implementing SEO best practices and strategies
- Experience editing others’ work and managing writers/contributors
- Existing network of qualified contributors a huge plus
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Familiarity with SEO tools/platforms like SEMrush or Clearscope
- You should have a good working knowledge of the major players in the decor space, including: interior designers, bloggers/DIYers, influencers, publications, and shops/brands (both major and independent).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.