Writer, Acorns Grow
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Researching, sourcing, pitching and writing personal finance and investing pieces for digital platformsDelivering written content on deadlines set by Senior EditorContributing to highly engaging, multi-platform news coverageSpecial projects as assigned
CNBC is partnering with Acorns, the country’s fastest growing financial wellness system, on the importance of educating current and future investors. We are building an editorial and production team to create actionable, relatable and uplifting personal finance and investing content which will inspire and empower everyday Americans to make informed financial decisions.
The writers will be responsible for pitching and writing engaging content aligned with an optimistic target brand voice that informs, educates and inspires readers about trending market news stories and personal finance and investing topics. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a short term position with an estimated duration through Summer 2020, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent professional experience
• At least 3 years of news writing experience covering business news, personal finance or investing
• Working knowledge of financial markets and terminology
• Ability to break down and explain complex financial topics clearly and concisely for general audience
• Outstanding communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills, strong work ethic and passion
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment
• Ability to come up with creative concepts and iterate as needed
• Reliability and efficiency
• Highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented problem solver
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY, or Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Experience at a digital personal finance or investing destination
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creatings the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
• Curious about the world, sees story ideas everywhere, and excited to share ideas with team
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.