Marketing Manager + Content Strategy
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Manage all RFP responses across NBC Entertainment, delivering client pitches to Sales and/or the Portfolio Creative Partnerships team. Responsible for partnering with NBCU Entertainment Creative Partnerships counterparts and Sales team to formulate response, develop opportunity and materials, manage deliverables, timelines and follow-up. Work alongside NBC Entertainment Creative Partnerships counterparts to develop proactive marketing opportunities and packages (360 and digital-only) anchored in audience, consumer and cultural insights.Lead the management of commercial innovation initiatives and corresponding deliverables, including: tracking, packaging and creating materials. Responsible for liaising with Sales and Pricing & Planning, and providing the teams with the resources and support needed throughout the pitch process and into execution.Identify, vet and review new digital and social platforms new ad products and strategies for content distribution and new opportunities tied to NBCU strategic partnerships (ie. Apple News, BuzzFeed).Work with the NBC Entertainment team to implement these new products and distribution strategies across all pitches and campaigns. Work with Sales to identify target categories or brands, and help develop strategy for how marketing can drive demand in the marketplace.Collaborate with the Insights + Measurement and NBC Creative Partnerships teams to craft compelling stories around the success of NBC partnerships. Develop insights tools, share applicable learnings across the network, and create training sessions for the NBC team, as needed.Serve as the lead for Trade Marketing and collaborate with the NBC team on all pre-sale marketing materials, e-blasts, case studies, sizzle reels and award show submissions.Liaise with NBCU constituents, including but not limited to: Insights + Measurement, Consumer Marketing, Legal, Sales, Digital and Strategic Partners, Publicity, etc.Handle special projects as needed by the NBC Sales and Creative Partnerships team.
The role of the Manager is to provide support for NBC Entertainment integrated marketing initiatives across Prime, Late Night and Specials programming. The goal of this newly-formed team is to develop strategy, drive new innovation and share best practices to the benefit of the NBC Entertainment Creative Partnerships team, sales org and clients. Areas of focus include but are not limited to: NBC sales pitches, innovation and digital products, marketing materials, research, tools and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
• 5+ years of marketing-related experience at an agency or media company
• Strong knowledge of brand marketing, media and advertising, specifically within digital
• Experience in content strategy, creative development, and/or marketing campaign execution
• Digitally connected, well-versed in social platforms and how to apply them to solve a client’s marketing objective
• Deep understanding of emerging social and digital platforms
• Ability and desire to identify developing cultural, consumer and media trends
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Exceptional writing and storytelling skills including presentation development and email communication
• Strong interpersonal and management skills – ability to lead interdepartmental teams and influence internal and external clients, approaching every conversation with a solutions-oriented mindset
• Creative thinker, enjoys thinking on your feet and being a part of the creative development process
• Excellent organizational skills, and great attention to detail
• External candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work evenings/weekends when necessary
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Passion for creative storytelling, both visually and through text
• Intellectual curiosity; a desire to explore new ways for marketers to connect with their audiences
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.