The CDN Engineer will be part of the Quality & CDN team where they will be responsible for building, and day-to-day management of, all content delivery network configurations required to operate NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platforms. Responsibilities
Working with software delivery, site reliability engineering, and video engineering teams to determine CDN strategies and implement configuration changes to support needs of engineering teamsAct as Subject Matter Expert for engineering teams, providing CDN architectural and troubleshooting for software delivery systemsEnsuring that all CDN partners meet minimum requirements for reliability and resiliency, including definition and monitoring of CDN performance against group KPIsEvaluating potential CDN vendors and making recommendations for CDN utilization within the Direct-to-Consumer business unitBasic Qualifications
Eligibility RequirementsInterested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum three (3) years of experience managing CDN configurations
- Knowledge of both video and site delivery configurations
- Expertise in CDN technology, including multi-CDN management
- Understanding of CDN best practices and industry standard KPIs and how to measure
- Experience implementing Web Application Firewalls and other CDN security technologies
- Hands-on with at least 2-3 CDN vendors, such as Akamai, Level3, or Limelight
Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
Availability to travel as required
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Excellent analytical problem solver with passion for quickly determining
- Knowledge of multiple cloud vendors and containerization technologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
- Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
- Experience working for a CDN vendor highly preferred
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.