Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec
trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.Role Purpose
The Video Quality Engineer will be part of the Quality & CDN team where they will be responsible for working with the video engineering and software delivery teams to ensure the video streaming performance of NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platforms. Responsibilities
Working with the engineering teams to define the KPI for video quality metrics across all streaming platformsEvaluating streaming performance monitoring tools and recommending tools for D2CCoordinate with Platform Operations and Monitoring teams to ensure that all video quality metrics are properly monitored in real-time and that 24x7x365 alerting is established for the Digital Network Operations CenterMonitor performance of NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platforms against industry standards and provide regular reporting to business and technology leadershipProvide subject matter expertise on video quality metrics and techniques to the engineering team to assist team in debugging issues and ensuring applications continue to meet all minimum KPIWork with CDNs, encoding partners, and other engineering groups to verify performance and coordinate responses to any incidents where KPI were violatedBasic Qualifications
Eligibility RequirementsInterested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Expertise in live and VOD video delivery in the cloud
- Experience defining and measuring streaming video quality for a digital media platform
- Knowledge of multiple video streaming quality monitoring tools and expertise in one
- Expertise with digital streaming video delivery, video origin architecture, and issues of scale for live video delivery
- Experience with encoding profiles, bitrate ladders, and video compression technologies and understanding of how those impact video quality
- Knowledge of basic network and CDN concepts, as they apply to video delivery
- Ability to work across team boundaries to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned in delivering according to group standards and best practices
Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
Availability to travel as required
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and cloud computing platforms
- Previous experience working with digital streaming in a D2C business model
- Excellent analytical problem solver with passion for developing solutions that quickly meet business objectives
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.