Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec
trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.Role Purpose
The Problem Manager will be part of the Reliability & Performance team and will work with the Resiliency and Platform Operations groups to track and prioritize the remediation of any software or systems issues identified in NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platforms. ResponsibilitiesWorking with the Resiliency Auditors to track any identified resiliency or reliability risks
Coordinate with the Incident Management team to ensure that root cause analyses for any critical or high priority incidents are completed and that any long-term remediation requirements are trackedAssess potential business impact (revenue loss, customer impact, etc…) of all problems are provide recommendation to business on urgency for remediationConsult with delivery teams to regularly review open risks and be an advocate for including risk remediation in the development roadmapWork with resiliency team to suggest tools and processes for identifying and remediating risks in the development pipeline, prior to production deploymentBasic Qualifications
Eligibility RequirementsInterested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a development, problem management, or site reliability role
- Understanding of resiliency and reliability design patterns
- Highly organized and able to support multiple delivery teams simultaneously
- Ability to advocate for change and influence decisions to support remediation goals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
Availability to travel as required
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience with a digital media direct-to-consumer business highly preferred
- Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.