The Problem Manager will be part of the Reliability & Performance team and will work with the Resiliency and Platform Operations groups to track and prioritize the remediation of any software or systems issues identified in NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platforms. ResponsibilitiesWorking with the Resiliency Auditors to track any identified resiliency or reliability risks
Coordinate with the Incident Management team to ensure that root cause analyses for any critical or high priority incidents are completed and that any long-term remediation requirements are trackedAssess potential business impact (revenue loss, customer impact, etc…) of all problems are provide recommendation to business on urgency for remediationConsult with delivery teams to regularly review open risks and be an advocate for including risk remediation in the development roadmapWork with resiliency team to suggest tools and processes for identifying and remediating risks in the development pipeline, prior to production deploymentBasic Qualifications
Eligibility RequirementsInterested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a development, problem management, or site reliability role
- Understanding of resiliency and reliability design patterns
- Highly organized and able to support multiple delivery teams simultaneously
- Ability to advocate for change and influence decisions to support remediation goals
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
Availability to travel as required
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience with a digital media direct-to-consumer business highly preferred
- Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
We are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.