Sales Account Manager
- Full Time
SmithBucklin, an industry leader in association management, is seeking a Sales Account Manager to join one of their results-driven subsidiary teams, The Townsend Group. As a Sales Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients, selling print and digital media as well as event sponsorships and exhibits. This is a goal-oriented and challenging position for a high-energy self-starter who is interested in a consultative career. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a group of media professionals who use creativity, collaboration and competitive spirit to exceed client expectations.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for revenue generation through sales solutions for each association s/he represents to include, but not limited to, print and digital advertising, exhibit booths and sponsorships
- Contact advertisers, exhibitors, etc. through emails, calls and other channels in an effort to sell services
- Attend industry events, including conferences and trade shows to network and prospect new business
- Provide creative input on new opportunities (i.e. possible new advertising sales vehicles), editorial suggestions, promotion/marketing suggestions and other ways to increase revenue
- Act as a liaison between association clients and the rest of The Townsend Group team
- Assist with oversight of support staff, including account coordinators, who interact with advertisers and clients
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have an interest in new digital media and sales
- You have a positive, upbeat attitude
- You exhibit detailed communication and organization skills
- You have a thick skin and don't take rejection personally
- You're charismatic and thrive in the company of others
- You display the ability to manage projects independently and treat your workload like a small business while still serving as a team player
- You have the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and juggle competing priorities
- You're money-motivated and excited by the opportunity to earn your keep through base + commission compensation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Approximately 2+ years of professional work experience in advertising/media sales, sponsorship sales, exhibit sales or marketing
- Proven success in lead generation, prospecting for new advertisers and increasing revenue beyond existing business
- Experience working with both clients and agencies and comfort in selling to high-level corporate executives
- Skilled at using Microsoft Excel
- Experience using Salesforce or other CRM software
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
The Townsend Group
The Townsend Group is a leading advertising, sponsorship and trade show sales management firm for associations that provides turnkey sales solutions (including print advertising, digital advertising, exhibits, sponsorships and non-traditional media) to its clients. A wholly owned subsidiary of SmithBucklin—our mission is to build best-in-class non-dues revenue programs at the highest level of performance and professionalism.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.