Project Manager, Marketing
- Full Time
Want to help tell the story of New York City to the world?
NYC & Company is the official destination marketing organization for the five boroughs of New York City, and its mission is to maximize travel and tourism efforts throughout the City, drive economic prosperity and spread the dynamic image of New York City around the world. Our team reflects the passionate, diverse and exciting city we represent—a group of enthusiasts who share a love of all things NYC.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Project Manager to join our PM and Operations team. The ideal candidate ensures that each marketing project is delivered on time, to budget and at the highest quality standard. The PM collaborates with all project stakeholders to effectively manage tasks with a wide range of contributors in various disciplines. The Candidate is responsible for allocating and utilizing resources in an efficient manner and maintaining cooperative, focused project teams.
- Runs point on multiple projects simultaneously, managing all communications, statuses, scope, timeline and budget
- Develops project plans and sets up effective workflow from project kickoffs to deliveries, launches and post-mortems
- Leads cross-functional project teams to efficiently come up with concepts and executions, and secures all stakeholder approvals
- Facilitates check-ins and regularly monitors all aspects of the project's phases
- Managers project scope, change control and risk assessments, and escalates where necessary
- Reinforces project management processes and conducts training of new tools
- 4–6 years' experience in Project Management preferably with exposure to marketing, creative and/or publishing industries
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the project life cycle in agency or client-side environments with emphasis on website development in all its forms (interactive design, user interface development, content, site usability, architecture issues and quality assurance)
- Facilitates dialogue that represents the company’s development efforts and methodologies
- Strong experience using a range of project management tools (JIRA, Smartsheet, Basecamp, etc.)
- Exposure to/experience with Waterfall and Agile PM methodologies
- Experience with content management systems
- A positive attitude and the ability to resolve conflicts in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with attention to details and prioritization.
- Proficient and highly comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's degree
- Please forward cover letter, résumé and salary requirements to Peter Gootkind <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
About Our Company
NYC & Company is the official destination marketing organization for the five boroughs of New York City, and its mission is to maximize travel and tourism efforts throughout the City, drive economic prosperity and spread the dynamic image of New York City around the world. NYCgo.com is the Webby award–winning official website of New York City reaching visitors when in their trip-planning stages and making sure they experience all that the City offers during their trips. NYCgo.com is also the home of key marketing programs including NYC Restaurant Week®, NYC Broadway WeekSM and more.