Marketing and Communications Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
If you want an opportunity to impact the lives of over 40,000 New Yorkers every year, look no further. You’re the kind of person we need to help lead our fast-paced, energetic, and committed team.
You’re best in class with demonstrated skills in social, digital, and traditional marketing and communications developed over of 5+ years of full-time experience.
We’re looking for someone who’s a doer with superb writing skills, thrives in a rapidly changing, team-based environment, and skillfully juggles many competing priorities while working effectively under deadline. You think strategically, take the initiative, enjoy managing and inspiring your colleagues, and are a seasoned manager of complex projects.
You’re the project manager for all communications activities. You dive in and execute daily responsibilities and long-term projects. You’re committed to meeting deadlines and developing high-quality content while working with numerous internal departments.
This is a pivotal role on a three-person team that supports University Settlement, The Door, and Broome Street Academy. We work hard, move fast, and never know what today will bring while making sure to have fun. And don’t forget the great benefits.
- Use strategic skills to create a marketing calendar that communicates agencies’ thought leadership and program excellence while appealing to major donors, the media, and funders
- Manage and execute traditional and multimedia communications. Create and produce compelling content, track key metrics, and provide insights for improved performance. This includes blogs, profiles, testimonials, collateral, photography, videos and more.
- Oversee website content development, updates, maintenance, and analytics.
- Manage the day-to-day production of email campaigns from start to end including creative, design, implementation, testing, and monitoring. Craft initiatives to steadily increase active email subscribers (lead generation). Build reports to analyze email performance and to uncover insights to guide new strategies.
- Become the in-house social media guru. You know the latest social media trends and how to use them to increase the visibility of our organizations and spokespeople, attract influencers, grow our audience, and increase engagement. You’re in charge of aesthetic, content planning, production, and posting to meet our strategic goals. This includes maintaining a posting calendar, tracking key metrics, and identifying high-impact opportunities.
- Own the role of brand maven, responsible for ensuring brand consistency of message, tone, and design across all communications
- Write, design, and produce major corporate communications including annual reports, speeches, briefs, white papers, op-eds, and PowerPoint presentations
- Support the Events and Development teams as a writer and creator of communications materials, including appeals
- Assist in managing media relations, in coordination with the Managing Director, Marketing and Communications.
- Manage the Communications Assistant/Associate and oversee their professional development. This includes working with the assistant/associate on social media and website content and maintenance
- 5+ years of experience in communications, marketing, or public relations. Nonprofit experience a plus.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution required
- Always on top of the latest trends and tactics in marketing and communications in the nonprofit and for-profit worlds. Creatively incorporates this knowledge to achieve strategic goals
- Effective project manager on complex projects with proven ability to meet aggressive deadlines while producing high-quality deliverables. Track record of working effectively, efficiently, and accurately on competing, diverse assignments, all at the same time
- Innovative thinker who can translate strategy into action plans. Experience developing and executing strategic plans for programs, campaigns, and to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Extensive experience (minimum 4 years) writing and editing impactful print, digital, and social media copy with a distinctive, clever, and sophisticated writing style. Track record producing printed collateral, including marketing literature, annual reports, brochures, appeals, newsletters etc.
- Excels when working independently, and as an effective leader or member of a team. Able to take the initiative
- Attention to detail and outstanding proofing skills are a must
- Self-reliant, results-oriented problem solver
- Persuasive communicator with good presentation skills. Able to effectively interact with a variety of audiences including participants, supporters, staff, senior management, the media, and the general public
- Very high level of competency in Online Xpress or other email platform, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Office, HTML and WordPress
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages a plus
Required submissions: resume, cover letter, and 2 writing samples of communications materials such as blogs, op-eds, press releases, emails, or social media content.