Temporary Freelance Editor
School Library Journal (SLJ), the leading trade magazine serving school and public youth services librarians, seeks a Temporary Freelance Editor for a period of approximately three months (February through April 2020).
This person will be responsible for:
· Assigning and editing approximately 90 young adult book reviews per month
· Editing and/or curating stories for the thrice-monthly BeTeen newsletter.
· Participating in regular editorial meetings, selecting the monthly starred reviews, and editing weekly web reviews.
· Supporting editorial content development for print and web, including helping support SLJ’s social media team.
· Communicating regularly with SLJ’s YA book reviewers.
The Temporary Freelance Editor will work closely the Review Director and the editorial reviews and news teams. Candidate must be proactive and self-directed, comfortable in a fast-paced work environment that requires meticulous attention to detail, and able to juggle multiple deadlines.
The ideal contractor will have proven writing and editorial experience, as well as familiarity with editing tools and a high comfort level with technology and social media platforms. While not required, experience with libraries/library service and/or young adult literature is highly desirable.