7 days left
- Full Time
United Way Worldwide is seeking a communications professional to serve on the Communications team. Your primary responsibility will be to develop and execute communications strategies with and about our partners. This position requires an external / internal strategic communications professional who is as comfortable thinking big picture as executing detailed communications plans.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: Must have solid communications knowledge, skills and abilities and ability to perform each essential duty listed below at an excellent level:
- Articulate United Way’s value proposition to external audiences through writing and editing communications materials, which may include press materials, social media strategies and content, web site content, brochures, fact sheets, success stories, donor campaign materials, and other tools to tell the story of United Ways’ work with corporate partners.
- Develop and execute integrated communications plans to help drive success of UWW’s partner relationships, initiatives, and Global Corporate Leader (GCL) partnerships to build stronger communities together. This may include:
- Paid, earned, shared & owned communications elevating the partnership;
- Initiating communications ideas and innovations that help grow partnerships;
- Leading execution of those ideas (which may include equipping the network); and
- Developing corporate communications around company-funded impact initiatives.
- Offer strategic guidance and counsel to other departments on consumer or partner-facing initiatives.
- Support communications team channels cross-functionally, including United Way network, UWW internal staff, media, and donors.
Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree plus over five years of prior relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated excellence in strategic communications: writing, editing and content creation across multiple platforms
- Deep understanding of the corporate landscape and environment
- Experienced in creating / executing communications strategies that get results
- Ability to be creative with limited resources
- Experience with Corporate Social Responsibility communications, inside a company or partnering with a company, is strongly preferred
- Experience with digital marketing to include email management, social media, basic html and graphic design strongly preferred
- Solution-oriented, data-driven, strategic communicator
- Detail-oriented project manager
- Strong relationship builder and collaborator
- Agile and adaptable in rapidly changing environment
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE:
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Approved by the United Way U.S.A. Board of Trustees on March 6, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.