Advanced Convention Services - Senior Sales Representative: Hospitality Network
- Full Time
Role SummaryThe Advanced Convention Services (ACS) Senior Account Representative is responsible for developing and maintaining long-term relationships with show management clients by leveraging all ACS products to meet and/or exceed sales quotas and ultimately helping to grow business. Handles all reporting for show management clients and acts as their direct liaison between service and engineering. Responds and owns all requests from assigned ACS accounts in a timely and professional manner. Supports the overall objectives of the ACS team. May be assigned special projects that grow the overall convention business. Work location may vary.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Primary responsibility for day-to-day account management, sales, and long-term relationships for assigned show management clients
• Identify and grow new business opportunities within assigned clients
• Negotiate pricing, products, and promotions with assigned clients
• Meet and exceed sales goals and overall objectives
• Develop and maintain sales plans, forecast data and customer account plans
• Develop, maintain, and provide to clients reporting for their shows
• Collaborate with other team members to determine solutions to best meet customers’ needs
• Identify and develop relationships with key decision makers
• Attend job-related trainings and participate in internal meetings
• Travel as needed to meet with clients for precons, postcons, customer presentations, etc.
• Works with convention sales management to grow overall convention business to include prospecting for new customers, gathering information, preparing and giving presentations, etc.
• Maintains current knowledge of all convention pricing and service options to match the product best suited for the customer
• Responsible for day-to-day account management of all assigned accounts, including but not limited to quoting, billing, support, etc.
• Assists with pre and post conference meetings, both locally and nationally
• Establishes effective, professional working relationships with co-workers, boundary partners, outside vendors and contractors
• Efficiently organizes work day to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques
• Schedule varies depending on event schedule - must be able to work weekends and remain available to ACS Sales staff to assist with any questions and/or concerns
• 2 years telecommunications, sales, or account management experience
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• 6 months work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
• Excellent skill in adaptability, applied learning, building relationships, written communication, expanding and advancing sales opportunities, formal presentation skills, high impact communication, continuous learning, negotiation, PC skills, product knowledge and technical platform, reasoning, and sustaining customer satisfaction, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization
• Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail while working independently
• BS/BA degree strongly desired
• 5 years account management experience
• 3 years convention/meeting industry or hospitality industry experience
• 3 years telecommunications industry experience
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.