Marketing & Design Coordinator
- Full Time
The Close Up Foundation is the nation’s leading non-profit civic education organization dedicated to helping students become more effective and informed citizens. To fulfill this mission, Close Up works with over 20,000 students and teachers each year in Washington DC, New York, and several other cities and historic sites around the country, bringing them face-to-face with their elected officials, policy experts, and their peers from across the country.
The Marketing & Design Coordinator assists in the execution of the Foundation’s marketing strategies. They are responsible for promoting brand awareness and providing superior customer service to multiple internal departments. A wide variety of work is included ranging from copy writing, proofreading and editing to design and campaign strategy. This position reports to the Marketing Manager within a team of four professionals.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to gather information and contribute to team projects
- Write, proof, and edit copy for direct mail pieces, academic and promotional materials
- Assist in design and formatting of electronic and print materials using Adobe Creative Cloud
- Write and design content for monthly electronic newsletter
- Facilitate processes to ensure program materials and schedules are printed and delivered appropriately
- Update program and training handbooks, and assist in facilitating print production to ensure quantity and proofs are accurate and approved
- Work to create and maintain effective Google Ads compliant with Google policies
- Assist in updating and maintaining company website
- Assist in conducting email blasts and lead list imports using CRM; perform mail merge blasts
- Capture images and video, using a digital camera, to be used in association with marketing efforts and social media posts
A full job description will be provided to applicants selected to interview.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- At least 1 year experience in a marketing communication capacity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and macOS
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, WordPress, and Constant Contact preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work on several projects simultaneously, managing conflicting priorities and strict deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
HOW TO APPLY
Email firstname.lastname@example.org the following components for immediate consideration: 1) cover letter addressing “why Close Up and this role,” 2) current résumé, and 3) a professional design sample or portfolio link. List "Marketing and Design Coordinator” as the email subject.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Health & Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off, Company Holidays, and Parental Leave
- Free Parking or Metro Subsidy
- Short/Long-term Disability and Life/AD&D Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Close Up Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply for Marketing & Design Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly