Bloomberg is seeking a seasoned reporter and bureau chief for the capital of the Southeast U.S., someone who is as comfortable interviewing CEOs and parsing corporate balance sheets as they are jumping into major breaking news stories. The ideal candidate is a strong business reporter and writer, highly collaborative and collegial. They must demonstrate exceptional news judgment and have a track record of both finding scoops and delivering thoughtful step-back pieces.
Atlanta is home to more than a dozen Fortune 500 companies, including Coca-Cola, and the bureau chief will be expected to cover that iconic company. At the same time, they will direct and write ambitious stories that capture broader themes such as the city's growing stature as the center of black wealth in the U.S. This will require a knack for working well with a range of newsroom teams, including Consumer, Wealth, Diversity and Economics. The ability to attract engaging newsmakers and continue to boost the bureau's visibility also is essential.
You'll need to have:
- 5 or more years of experience working in business journalism and in a real-time news environment.
- Demonstrated ability to produce thematic enterprise stories.
- Desire to collaborate with various teams across the newsroom.
- A broad network of sources and top newsmakers.
- Motivation to increase the visibility of the bureau internally and externally.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.