Reporting to the Manager of Social Media, the Specialist will be a critical member of the social media team responsible for populating NBC Sports Philadelphia’s key social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and adhering to the voice of NBCS Philly to drive social engagement. The Specialist will focus on generating content around the Philadelphia Phillies.
Responsibilities Execute on the social media strategy of the network Create, schedule and publish high-quality, consistent and engaging original social media content, primarily around the Philadelphia Phillies.Distribute network’s digital and linear content across social media platforms in a compelling, consistent manner to promote and deliver traffic and viewership to other network platforms.Utilize social media properties to engage users and establish interactive social media environment in order to extend the network’s reach and influence.Work with marketing, communications and sales departments to ensure consistent branding and messaging and to achieve promotional and sales objectives.Work with digital content team in researching, brainstorming, writing, and sharing news stories. Curate written content based around social trends, team storylines, and human interest side of the field. Monitor and track social media activity of network personnel and local and national media and influencers.Use analytics tools to increase social media effectiveness and track overall performance.Contribute to overall digital efforts, including content development and coverage.Basic Qualifications
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year of previous relevant work experience (including internships)
- High proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other emerging platforms, email programs and content management system
- Willingness to work adjustable schedule around the Philadelphia Phillies’ season, including
nights and weekends, to travel and attend events as needed
- Excellent researching, writing and editing skills
- Knowledge and passion for sports and local teams and athletes, particularly Phillies
- Must be a self-starter and able to work both independently and across internal departments and external groups
- Must have experience working in Microsoft Excel and Photoshop
- Versed in emerging creative digital content technologies and platforms
- Thrives in a fast-paced, television and multi-platform media environment
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA at the Wells Fargo Center
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.