The Director, Project Management is responsible for NBC Sports Group project management function, providing leadership, process definition, integration, and management of PMO processes and functions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in project/program management with a strong understanding of SDLC across software verticals such as web-based applications, mobile, and connected applications. They will lead a team of project managers building and maintaining state-of-the-art software systems, delivering against critical deadlines.
<ul><li>Collaborate with business leaders and product teams to ensure alignment across verticals, timelines are understood and agreed to, and deliverables meet business objectives
<li>Ensure all projects have requisite project plans, charters, risk registries, etc., that are reasonable, feasible and high-level milestones and project completion dates are well communicated to all project stakeholders
<li>Provide PMO leadership, guidance and enforcement of established best practices
<li Delegate tasks and responsibilities to foster growth and accountability
<li>Assign projects, stories and development tasks to developers and track progress to ensure technical deliverables remain on schedule and on budget
<li>Develop highly scalable and efficient applications and frameworks
<li>Coordinate with quality assurance (QA) teams, ensure user accepted testing (UAT) is performed and all requisite stakeholder signoffs are provided prior to any software release
<li>Ensure appropriate project documentation is created/disseminated to all parties who are privy to the information
<li>Weekly and monthly executive reporting
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in developing and deploying enterprise level applications
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience managing and mentoring other project managers and technologists with varying backgrounds and levels of technical expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in project management, planning, budgeting, resource allocations, risk management and risk mitigation
- Experienced in working with different methodologies, including Waterfall, Agile, Scrum and Hybrid
- Expertise in Microsoft Project, Visio, Excel, Jira and Confluence
- Knowledgeable in source control systems and workflows, such as Git and GitFlow
- Track, monitor, mitigate and communicate all risks
- PMP Certified
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Familiarity application submission processes in various stores, such as the App Store, Google Play, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to track multiple deliverables across projects and resources
- Ability to deliver on critical deadlines while keeping focus on strategic initiatives
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to both technical and non-technical resources
- Passion for professional sports and an interest in digital media
- Innovative and flexible thinker, comfortable suggesting solutions and willing to take risks
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Committed to quality in every assignment, large or small
- Capable of managing multiple deliverables and completing assigned tasks quickly
- Able to delegate work effectively and assess and mitigate risks, and escalate appropriately
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Digital:
A division of the NBC Sports Group, Emmy Award-winning NBC Sports Digital offers sports fans 24/7 news coverage, extensive live-event streaming, and complementary coverage of many of the properties within NBC Sports Group’s unparalleled collection of media rights across web, mobile and connected devices. The division’s live streaming portfolio includes some of the most-watched and most-trafficked events of all time, including Sunday Night Football on a weekly basis, Stanley Cup Playoffs, and the Olympic Games.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.