Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture. We need fearless leaders and pop-culture fiends who work hard and fan hard. Creative problem-solvers who just so happen to be the reigning champs at Parks & Rec
trivia night. So if this sounds like you, join our flock. And we promise, we won’t put your stapler in Jell-O.Role Purpose
The Software Development Engineer 2 will join a team that will help build products and services able to withstand scale, reliability and resiliency. We have a collaborative environment in a distributed team, and we need someone who is conscientious, energetic and has a passion for tech. Responsibilities Participate in the development of low-latency, highly scalable web servicesDesign, build and deliver microservices on cloud infrastructure with CI & CD pipelinesParticipate in code reviews, pair programming, and other code quality related initiativesCollaborate with the team in ideating over architecture decisions and actively participate in design discussionsInspect and resolve issues in development, test, and production environmentsComplete tasks as part of an agile team and adapt to dynamic business requirementsClosely partner with other Software Engineers, Product Owners and Project ManagersBasic Qualifications
Eligibility RequirementsInterested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience building products/applications/services as a full stack engineer
- Must have experience in building database backed MicroServices
- Must have experience in NoSQL Document Stores such as MongoDB or CouchDB and Caching Stores such as Redis or Memcache
- Strong understanding of building highly available and resilient services
- Experience in creating and maintaining jobs in CI systems like Jenkins or GoCD
- Experience in applying TDD or Unit Testing principles to the code
- Experience working with containers (Docker, Kubernetes) and in deploying services to Cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Strong understanding of Agile/Lean methodologies
- Strong understanding about queuing systems such as Kafka or RabbitMQ
Must be willing to work in New York, NY
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
Availability to travel as required
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.