UX Researcher II
- Full Time
We are looking for a Usability Analyst to organize and conduct user testing activities primarily across our interactive platforms (e.g., web, mobile, kiosk).
Must establish collaborative working relationships with product, design, development, etc to deliver easy-to-use experiences that achieve positive business return while building our brand.
Position reports to Director User Experience.
- Organize and conduct user testing activities
- Develop a deep understanding of our target customer supporting the creation of user personas and use cases.
- Provide expert heuristic reviews as needed
- Create working prototypes for usability and proof-of-concept testing
- Identify and conduct appropriate user-centered design testing techniques throughout an iterative design process
- Track and report on usability performance issues and resolutions.
- Create, maintain, and evangelize usability standards across a multi-application suite
- Provide test plan support and analysis for A/B and multivariate testing
- Incorporate trends in visual and interaction design from mobile, tablets, and emerging technology.
- Assist in the ongoing definition of Manheim’s evolving user experience standards (with focus on usability) in the interactive space.
- Partner with internal research team to ensure we’re maximizing value of research efforts for Product
- Evangelize best practices for achieving User Centered Design within agile development teams
- Share research accomplishments with the global HCI community
- Drive the creation and adoption of new research methods and tools
- Strong knowledge in usability and user-centered design methods such as usability testing, heuristic evaluation, paper prototyping, and card sorting
- Strong knowledge of design aesthetics and specifications
- Strong oral communication skills: interviewing, questioning, presenting.
- Strong written communication skills writing plans and testing results and trends
- Strong analytical and visualization skills to assess and present trends and patterns.
- Strong working knowledge of usability software tools (e.g., MORAE)
- Strong working knowledge of web development languages: HTML, CSS, web editors (e.g., Dreamweaver) and browsers required for prototype development and testing.
- Understanding of web analytics (and other feedback channels) and performance improvement of content is important.
- Must be willing and able to work outside a traditional 8am to 5pm based on testing needs.
- Superb project management and organizational skills with the ability to quickly juggle multiple projects varying in size and complexity, prioritizing time and tasks as needed to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Able to deal with ambiguity.
- Avid learner. Stays up to date on latest trends and research in usability research and interaction design.
- Ability to work across multiple internal business units and companies.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.