Account Executive I Media Relations Culinary, Hospitality & Luxury Lifestyle
- Full Time
Shamin Abas Ultra-Luxury Brand Marketing & Business Development is actively seeking an experienced, high caliber, professionally minded, dedicated and polished Media Relations Account Executive with strong relationships in the culinary, lifestyle & hospitality sectors and an affinity for all things luxury to join our team. This candidate will lead on day-to-day operations for a globally recognized Michelin-starred chef and his restaurants around the world.
Founded in 2005 and headquartered just off Madison Avenue in the heart of New York City’s Upper East Side, Shamin Abas is a boutique firm specializing in communications, experiential marketing, affinity partnerships and business development for globally recognized, ultra-luxury brands. Our clients are at the pinnacle of automotive, private aviation, super-yacht, motorboat, personal submersible, architecture & design, fine dining and hospitality. We pride ourselves in delivering an exceptionally high level of service with a warm, sophisticated and proficient manner.
For those looking for a large agency experience, this position is not for you. However, if you are looking for an opportunity to be in a more intimate environment with a collaborative culture, a team that is passionate and dedicated to what they do, clients that are at the apex of luxury, and the prospect of being recognized for great work, you will find this a great home.
The firm is led by Founder and President Shamin Abas, who is often called upon by internationally recognized media and educational institutions for expert commentary on the mindset and lifestyle of the exceptionally affluent. You will report directly to Vice President of Communications Kelly Downey, a Media Relations veteran who has been with the company for nearly ten years.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering work at the highest level and a commitment to being in the luxury lifestyle communications arena, with extensive hands on experience as an Account Executive.
We are looking for a confident and sophisticated creative thinker and an excellent communicator with strong writing skills. Whilst the focus of the position will be on media relations for this key culinary and luxury lifestyle account, the ideal candidate will also work in creative conceptualizing for events and affinity partnerships, and will be responsible for managing the day to day operations for the account, working closely with the President and Vice President of the firm.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE:
- Superb writing skills and the ability to think creatively to deliver on point pitches, press releases and communications
- Extensive established media relationships within the culinary, hospitality, travel and lifestyle sector
- Knowledge and understanding of the luxury and ultra-luxury world – its media and its influencers
- Editorial creativity
- A natural desire to stay on top of industry trends and an eagerness to learn and grow professionally
- Superior organizational abilities that allow you to get more done in a day than the average person
- The ability to work as part of a team, yet self-motivated enough to follow projects through from inception to completion
- Confidence and poise that allow you to shine even in high-stress environments
- Connections with HNW and UHNW individuals a plus
- At least four years of work experience in public relations working within lifestyle, culinary or hospitality sectors as an Account Coordinator or Account Executive
- College degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or a related field of study
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/and Adobe Acrobat/Photoshop software
- A portfolio of high-profile media placements at national outlets
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation time and approximately ten additional paid holiday days per year
- Health Insurance
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send a detailed cover letter, resume, and links to relevant social media accounts
RESUMES SENT WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.