Social Media Assistant
4 days left
- Full Time
Kensington Publishing Corp. is looking for an enthusiastic and creative Social Media Assistant to join our team! The ideal candidate will be highly involved in the execution and creation of social media marketing plans for the Kensington Publishing list. Duties include working with the social media manager and director to put out timely and engaging content for key titles each month. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, proactive and have a desire to learn, able to communicate via GIFs or memes, and willing to jump in front of (or behind) a camera at the drop of a dime! We are looking for someone with a passion for social media and an enthusiastic love of books.
This role will be a combination of administrative and creative work, perfect for someone with an eye for detail and skill for coming up attention-grabbing digital content.
Key Duties Include:
- Contributing to the copy, design, and distribution of creative assets for authors’ social campaigns and profiles.
- Creating original and engaging content for the various Kensington Publishing social media platforms
- Researching and maintaining records for potential partnerships with influencers in the book community
- Working closely with the Social Manager on maintaining social platforms and interactive digital book clubs
- Assisting in community management of the various Kensington platforms
- Fostering influencer relationships with continued promotion and partnership opportunities (including outreach and mailings).
- Keeping up-to-date on emerging trends and changes in the social media landscape
- Assisting with maintaining and expanding our Goodreads presence, including giveaways and mailings
- Coordinating and administering book mailings to review outlets and eBook retail partners, including direct communication with representatives of these outlets
- Coordinating and administering online giveaways, including ordering prizes, communicating with winners, and handling mailings
- Performing inventory and maintaining a spreadsheet of our current print galley titles/quantities
- Gifting digital copies of books to online winners and providing digital copies to authors
- Placing book orders for front and backlist as required
- Special projects for marketing, social media, and sales as needed
- 1+ years experience in book publishing or social media marketing
- Working knowledge of social media analytics and management tools
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Photoshop
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong attention to detail and experience communicating with high-level business partners and/or authors
- An eye for photography (or videography) in the social media landscape
- Ability to work with various departments and stake-holders to complete daily tasks and large projects
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong interest in commercial publishing and knowledge of what is currently trending in the marketplace
- Must be a team-player who can work well with others
- A love of books/eBooks—particularly romance, mysteries and thrillers, and women’s fiction is essential
- BA or equivalent work experience
- Experience with video editing a plus!
Apply for Social Media Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly