SPY.com: Associate Editor
- Full Time
SPY.com: Associate Editor
SPY.com is looking for an associate editor to oversee content creation covering everything from gadgets, grooming, men's style, outdoor essentials, and more. Assignments may range from updating product picks in our best wireless speakers or gaming controllers articles, to writing about the best men's style must haves from leather jackets to Chelsea boots for fall. You’ll also be writing in-depth reviews on some of the latest products to hit the market!
The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of e-commerce content as well as an interest in keeping up with the latest product trends and releases. Relationships with key PR reps in the industry are a plus so you can keep us informed of timely product launches. This person must also have the ability to create snappy copy that incorporates general SEO best practices.
We’re looking for a writer with a keen attention to detail who’s deadline-oriented and can create content start-to-finish in our CMS. If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you!
- Write and produce 8-10 pieces of serviceable content roundups per week, featuring the latest products in the men's lifestyle space
- Update existing content ensuring latest product launches and trends are reflected
- Work closely with the site director and managing editor to prioritize a mixture of content updates and new assignments while meeting weekly deadlines
- Develop relationships with PR reps in the industry
- Attend local and national industry events, including the Consumer Electronics Show, to offer live coverage
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in digital media, preferably in e-commerce
- The ability to work independently, extremely detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Successful and current relationships with key PR people in the market a plus
- An understanding of and interest in the latest happenings in the men's product landscape
- Daily experience working within a CMS
- Proficiency with Photoshop or other image editing software
Spy.com is a daily destination for savvy shoppers, connoisseurs and the curious-minded alike, providing a glimpse into what’s new and what’s next. As industry insiders, we spot the most unique, quality and discerning products and experiences from around the world. Then we show you how to access them. Spy is your daily briefing into everyday luxuries and secret gems.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.