Communications Officer (Digital)
- Full Time
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation (Schusterman) is a global organization that seeks to improve lives, strengthen communities and reduce inequality. Our philanthropic vision is grounded in a commitment to pursue justice, repair the world and treat all people with dignity and civility. We invest in efforts to improve public education in the United States, strengthen the Jewish people and Israel, and address the needs of marginalized individuals and communities. www.schusterman.org
The Communications Officer (CO) is a member of the Communications team, which is based in Schusterman’s Atlanta, Georgia, and Washington, DC, offices. The CO will support a robust digital strategy that aims to elevate key Schusterman priorities. The CO is part of a communications team that uses a range of strategies to support and amplify Schusterman’s grantmaking and program portfolios. This role is responsible for strategically leveraging digital content and channels to share the strategies, work and impact of Schusterman through the lens of its grantees and programs.
Digital Strategy and Growth
- Design and manage a high-impact, multi-channel digital strategy across all of Schusterman’s portfolio areas.
- Manage all Schusterman digital channels, including web, email and social (paid and organic).
- Develop and execute strategies for targeted audience segmentation and growth.
- Ensure staff throughout the organization has familiarity with current digital media platforms and their relevance for effective communications.
Content and Campaign Management
- Work with communications team members to translate core messaging into compelling multimedia content optimized for digital channels.
- Partner with grantmaking and program teams to develop and execute digital campaigns to support their agenda and goals.
- Ensure all digital properties, content and imagery reflect Schusterman’s focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Maintain multi-channel, cross-Foundation editorial calendar.
Website, Email, Social Media and Digital Asset Management
- Ensure Schusterman website effectively elevates Schusterman priorities. Optimize content, design and user experience for the website and associated web properties.
- Manage newsletters and email campaigns while optimizing and improving impact of email communications.
- Oversee social media content creation and implementation.
- Organize and manage all Schusterman digital assets.
Data and Analytics
- Support measurement of all campaigns, and produce performance and progress reports tied to digital goals.
- Lead data-driven marketing decision making and “design-test-improve” cycles.
- Use digital tools to monitor and track online discussion of topics relevant to Schusterman’s work.
- Advance the use of established best practices in digital media as it relates to metrics, testing, data analysis, list health management, audience listening/monitoring and storytelling.
The following qualifications are representative of the high level of demonstrated skills, maturity, judgment and ability to work with a wide range of constituencies required of Schusterman employees:
- 6+ years of hands-on digital media experience, with a strong track record of helping to lead effective digital communications campaigns required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- High degree of knowledge and familiarity within philanthropy and/or nonprofit sectors preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in digital marketing required.
- Experience working with various digital marketing systems, including email marketing and social media platforms is required. Knowledge of Salesforce and Marketing Cloud is a plus.
- Experience executing multi-channel digital campaigns and overseeing production of multimedia content is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability in writing and storytelling for digital platforms and diverse audiences required.
- Keen eye for aesthetics, details and professional design is required.
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and deliver a high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative working relationships with supervisory personnel, co-workers, grantees, program participants and the general public.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in difficult or confidential situations and an ability to project a positive, professional image to the public.
- PC skills (with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), as well as a thorough knowledge and comfort of basic web skills required.
- Ability to travel, upon occasion, required.
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Schusterman promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identify, gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.