Reporting to the Senior Producer/Editor, the Producer/Editor will write, shoot, produce and edit short- and long-form video/audio/visual content for SNY.tv and SNY's social media channels.
This role also includes graphics responsibility, including the creation of animations and motion graphics for short- and long-form video, as well as photoshop work for static graphics.
The Producer/Editor is also expected to work with SNY's social media and editorial teams to maintain consistent voice and assist with audience interaction across all platforms. Responsibilities: Produce video, images, and GIFs for use across SNY.tv and social media platformsIdeate, write, shoot, and edit short- and long-form content that can be leveraged across multiple platformsOptimize linear content to be published on SNY.tv and social media platformsBuild audience engagement through leveraging data and analytics and identifying and monitoring trendsAssist in podcast productionDesign and create graphics for SNY.tv and social platforms with little turnaround timeBrainstorm with others for topical content that fits within the brandPitch concepts for original digital features and video seriesHelp with the creation of assets for various branded content series and sponsorship opportunitiesCreate cool, original, and eye-catching content that eschews tradition and raises the profile of the SNY brandBasic Qualifications
- Deep understanding of digital video trends and a genuine interest in digital and social media-specific content
- Demonstrated ability to work across departments and on teams effectively
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience producing digital, social, and multiplatform content
- Must be proficient in using the following editing systems and cameras: AVID, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Snapstream, Wowza, DSLR, Sony FS7 iPhone 8+, Go Pros
- Strong editorial judgment
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel as required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Creative self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate sports fan with broad knowledge of the sports industry and New York market
- Understand memes
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in a breaking news environment is a plus
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our new state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.