Sr. Director Data Science
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Introducing Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies, exclusive originals, kids programming and current hits, with timely news, sports and pop culture. All together. All in one app.
In preparation for our launch in 2020, we are building a world-class team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are energized by the possibility of working at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Join us if you would like to be a part of this exciting initiative.
Are you ready to go beyond classic predictive analytics to the new areas like deep learning and reinforcement learning? Do you want to be a part of the team that builds and advanced recommender engine, active leaning platform, personalized solutions for marketing and advertisement? Join the world-class international team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are working at the cutting edge of technology and science at the epicenter of content, technology and culture. Position Overview: As part of the Direct-to-Consumer Decision Sciences team, the Director of Data Science will be responsible for creating analytical solutions for multiple verticals of NBCU’s video streaming service including but not limited to, the recommender system, automated marketing, personalized advertisement, commerce and revenue optimization systems, customer journey and CRM solutions.
In this role, the Director of Data Science will manage a team of data scientists in the design and execution of advanced analytical solutions using advanced data science methodologies including collaborative filtering, deep learning, reinforcement learning, on-line modeling etc. and lead collaboration with business owners and engineering team to build a state-of-the-art real-time video streaming service.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Build and manage a high-performance team of data scientists.Lead the team in the development of an analytical framework using statistical, machine learning and data mining methodologies.Work with business stakeholders to define priorities, approaches and business requirements for the analytical solutions.Drive the collection and manipulation of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.Manage multiple priorities across business verticals and machine learning lifecycle projects. Translate complex problems and solutions to all levels of the organization.Lead work with engineering teams to define data science driven requirement and solutions for major initiatives and opportunities of the streaming service functionality.Drive innovation of the statistical and machine learning methodologies and tools used by the team. Lead improvements in machine learning lifecycle infrastructure. Drive a data science culture that inspires and motivates the team to succeed.
• Advanced (Master or PhD) degree with specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or another quantitative field or equivalent.
• 8+ years of combined experience in advanced analytics in industry or research.
• 3+ years of experience managing a team.
• Expert level knowledge of statistical methods and machine learning. Ability to define the direction for a project and select appropriate methods and tools. Up to date knowledge of recent advancements.
• Experience with deep learning, including areas different form the computer vision.
• Good understanding of reinforcement learning algorithms.
• Experience implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems using Google Cloud.
• Experience with using data visualization tools and techniques to deliver business insights and value.
• Deep understanding of algorithmic complexity of model training and testing, particularly for real-time and near real-time models.
• Proficient in multiple analytics and programming languages such as R, Python, SAS, Julia, Java, Scala or similar
• Experience in data processing using SQL and PySpark.
• Working experience with commercial recommender systems or a lead role in an advanced research recommender system project.
• Experience with multi-billion record datasets and leading projects that span the disciplines of data science and data engineering.
• Knowledge of enterprise-level digital analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.).
• Experience with television ratings and digital measurement tools (Nielsen, Rentrak, ComScore etc.).
• Experience building streaming data pipelines using Kafka, Spark or Flink.
• Experience with large-scale video assets.
• Ability to build trust across the organization and socialize solutions and identified data insights
• Pride and ownership in your work and confident representation of your team to other parts of NBCUniversal.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.