Retail Reporter, CNBC.com
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Developing story ideas alone or in collaboration with other members of the consumer team.Covering breaking news with accuracy and authority in real time.Writing long-form features, investigative projects, profiles and some video scripts.Developing sources within the industry that will allow for informed coverage.
CNBC is looking for a retail reporter to cover Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Best Buy and other big-box stores. This reporter will handle quick-hitting, breaking news, as well as work to develop more in-depth features.
Responsibilities of Retail Reporter could include, but are not limited to:
• A proven track record of breaking news and filing stories in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a beat reporter or editor, preferably covering retail or e-commerce.
• Experience as a writer and/or editor including the ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline- oriented environment.
• Strong writing, reporting, social media and technology skills.
• An ability to collaborate across teams, including with television producers and social media staff.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends when necessary.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at a major online news site, daily financial publication or the business desk of a midsize daily newspaper.
• Passionate about internet storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
• Knowledge of television production process helpful.
• Solid understanding of web standards, design, and usability.
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.