Chief Financial Officer
- Full Time
CORE VALUES AND KEY PRIORITIES
MNN occupies a critical role in the contemporary media landscape. It is intrinsically a local media platform, serving first and foremost local residents, diverse neighborhoods and community-based organizations. Committed to the values of independent, non-profit media and a diversity of views, MNN’s focus is on strengthening community ties and media education opportunities. The CFO must understand MNN’s historic mission and its important partnerships with community groups and other local, independent and public media outlets.
The successful applicant must also understand the rapid technological changes in the media and have insight, expertise and desire to leverage these advances to better support MNN’s mission, growth and opportunities for expansion while managing risk.
S/he must work well with MNN’s executive leadership, and collegially and effectively with its staff and important stakeholders.
- Oversee and evaluate MNN’s financial operations, including annual audits, vendor management, accounts payable, payroll and portfolio management, organization benefits and compensation policies.
- With the CEO, develop and advise Board and Finance and other committees on MNN’s key financial goals and objectives, including operational outcomes and investment policies.
- Maintain and upgrade cash management system to accomplish key operational, capital and financial goals.
- Manage MNN's reserves and investment funds consistent with Board policy.
- Direct MNN’s HR management, including personnel policies, performance reviews, job descriptions, hiring and orientation, staff training, salary reviews, entry and exit procedures, personnel files, benefits management and updating and maintaining employee handbook.
- Provide insight and analysis to support CEO in evaluating business growth opportunities.
- Identify and interact with lenders, developers, community officials and others to develop opportunities for expansion and growth.
- Devise strategies for risk management and internal operational and financial controls.
- Assess organization performance against long-term strategic targets and annual budgets.
- Set policies and practices to ensure that the collective actions of MNN managers are grounded in sound financial criteria and aligned with MNN’s goals and objectives.
- Design and manage inventory control system to safeguard MNN’s office and production equipment and master control system components.
- Direct the administrative functions of the organization.
- Manage and develop existing real estate portfolio and facilities in pursuit of the strategic goals.
- Articulate and promote MNN’s vision with CEO to key stakeholders in a compelling manner without compromising integrity to enable MNN’s sustainable growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years non-profit management experience.
- Expert knowledge of financial systems and applications.
- Extensive experience in human resources and benefits management.
- Experience with facilities management, real estate and expansion.
- Excellent judgment, strong organizational and decision-making skills, ability to engage in strategic planning, take initiative, manage time well, and supervise day-to-day operations.
- CPA preferred.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network is a media learning, production, and distribution hub that promotes creative expression, independent voices and community engagement. MNN seeks to empower local voices and diverse views.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.