Social Media Editor
- Full Time
We are looking for a smart, creative individual to help shape the voice of Texas Monthly online. This person will report to the General Manager, and manage daily activity across all social media channels, working closely with all departments on brainstorming and executing campaigns. An interest in Texas culture, history and politics is a must! Must be able to act as part editor, part strategist, and part producer while staying organized. You know who you are and we look forward to meeting you.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Translating web and print stories: Write, edit, produce material for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media channels
- Manage the daily publishing schedule for social channels
- Engage with social audiences and form a sense of community
- Work closely with editorial, marketing and audience development team members on content promotion strategies to grow audience and elevate Texas Monthly’s social media presence
- Work with the audience development team members to identify audiences for targeting and promotion of posts
- Participate in brainstorming sessions on how to tell stories on different platforms
- Identify and report out on new social trends, tools and capabilities
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Strong writing skills and experience creating social content
- A creative, strategic thinker who works collaboratively and independently
- Familiarity with the Texas Monthly brand
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an editor, writer, producer in a media organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience using social media reporting platforms (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics) to build audiences
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED. TEXAS MONTHLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.