- Full Time
WSOC-TV - Cox Media Group Television Station in Charlotte, NC seeks a motivated and passionate Local Account Executive eager to WIN while representing Charlotte’s top station.
June 27, 2018, US News and World Report list Charlotte as #22 for the top 50 best places to live in America; based on quality of life, job market, value and desirability
The Account Executive is responsible for generating media revenues for Cox Media Group Charlotte and its entities to meet or exceed predetermined goals. You will also create revenues by working collaboratively with Local Sales Managers, by making sales presentations and by directly selling to key primary and secondary accounts as assigned. You will service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies or individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through various advertising channels and services.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
• Develop and manage revenue producing relationships with clients and agencies
• Prospect for new business and build a full pipeline of sales prospects
• Analyze client marketing goals and develop needs based solutions to achieve them
• Oversee campaign execution and analysis
• Provide consultation to sales managers, sales teams and clients
• Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
• Minimum of three years outside sales experience
• Excellent presentation skills• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
• Some travel necessary
• Valid driver's license with good driving record required
• Proven track record of sales success in local media setting particularly in Broadcast television and Digital space
• BA/BS degree with a minimum of three years of media sales, account management or buying experience or equivalent combination of education and work related experience
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.