Ad Operations Coordinator
- Full Time
Jewelers of America, and its B2B publication National Jeweler, are seeking an in-house ad trafficker to assist in ad operations and production for both brands. Jewelers of America is the leading non-profit jewelry association in the United States, with a membership made up of more than 8,000 jewelry firms from retail to designers to manufacturers. Learn more at www.jewelers.org/ja.
Jewelers of America owns and publishes National Jeweler, the must-read news source for jewelry professionals. From market analysis to emerging jewelry trends, the publication covers the important industry topics vital to the everyday success of jewelry professionals worldwide. National Jeweler delivers breaking news at www.nationaljeweler.com, and via our daily e-newsletter and three annual print issues.
Job Summary: The Ad Operations Coordinator will traffic and coordinate -- from contract through production -- the ad orders for both brand’s ad channels, which include but aren’t limited to: website, email and e-newsletter, print publications, social media. The role will ensure on-time delivery, comprehensive reporting and advertiser follow-up as needed. The Ad Operations Coordinator must take clear ownership of assigned tasks and is responsible for executing the implementation of creative assets for client’s advertising campaigns, technical QA of ads individually and in relation to site compatibility, applied knowledge of ad-server delivery requirements, and campaign optimization analysis.
Reports to: Associate Director of Digital Development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement digital advertising campaigns (on website, email, social media) to ensure accurate impression, performance, and revenue delivery. Additionally, coordinate materials for advertising in JA and NJ print products and native advertising.
- Coordinate with Clients/Advertisers and Sales Director to obtain creative asset materials for launch of advertising campaigns to ensure all deliverables are met accurately and in a timely manner.
- Execute trafficking of new contracts from the contract management system (Magazine Manager) to the ad-serving platform (Google Ad Manager). Review to ensure accurate scheduling details are included and clarify any ambiguities.
- Maintain pre- and post-launch QA process for all ads (3rd Party tags, custom/native creatives), assuring that ads meet creative specs, and are tracked properly both internally, and by external 3rd parties.
- Produce trafficking reports as needed and collaborate with Sales Director & Associate Dir. Dev to review, optimize, and ensure success of campaigns based-on campaign KPIs.
- Make updates to the contract management system (Magazine Manager) where required.
- Assist in the development of new ad opportunities and in the vetting and onboarding of third-party platforms that support the ad operations of both brands.
- Provide technical support for technical issues involved in running online ad campaigns (including trafficking of remarketing capabilities, VAST/In-Stream Video, Rich Media and Audio). Recognize recurring or potential issues and problems, and know when to escalate and propose solutions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 1-2 years’ professional experience with ad serving systems, production and trafficking required
- Understanding of ad yield and on-line performance metrics required.
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required.
- Experience using online ad databases and production workflow.
- Prefer knowledge of the ad tech ecosystem/landscape (DSP, SSP, DMP, ad servers, pixels)
- Strong knowledge of Google Ad Manager (formerly Doubleclick for Publisher) and Google Analytics in order to track pacing, performance, etc. and to optimize campaigns.
- Excel reporting experience required, including the ability to make and use pivot tables.
- Must be able to troubleshoot or investigate any issues that arise
- Basic understanding of and experience using a Content Management System (CMS) and e-newsletter platforms