The Media Manager is responsible for the oversight and management of our Media Assets. This includes monitoring ongoing archiving projects, handling day to day media requests and ensuring proper SOP’s are being followed. In addition, the position is expected to be proactive and innovative in providing and maintaining our available content necessary to enhance the network shows and digital properties. Managing the daily oversight and delivery of content via FTP for both internal and external clients. The Media Manager will take a customer service approach to the requests and needs of various departments. Job Duties Manage all workspaces in each system making sure media is easily accessible to all users.Work with various systems and equipment to maintain workflows and procedures. Assist with all media requests, including News, Special Projects, Digital Media and Intercompany needs.Awareness and ability to provide suggestions and assist in video searches for producers and editors.The ability to troubleshoot or escalate issues as needed.Media Ingest and managementEnsure that media/metadata is organized pursuant to established SOP’s. Work with content team on getting media in and out of our systems. Daily archiving processes surrounding digital, tape and various file formats as well as making strategic decisions on what content goes to archive. Ingesting and distributing media across various platformsBasic Qualifications
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of managing media
- Must be able to work evening hours, as well as weekends and holidays, as needed
- Basic video editing skills, Avid and Adobe suite preferred
- Basic knowledge of digital media codecs and file formats
- Working knowledge of shared storage devices
- Thorough knowledge of local & national sports
- Strong organizational skills within a media workflow environment
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to make decisions, meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.