CNBC is looking for a talented Senior Producer to join its growing digital video team. This person is a news junkie, obsessed with business, consumer, retail, fast-food, auto, personal finance and other industry topics that matter. The ideal candidate has impeccable editorial judgment, and strong writing and editing skills. He or she is a master of shooting and editing, and is a natural leader.
The senior producer will be developing primarily in-depth explainers and mini docs on complicated subjects as well as smart short-form videos on occasion. This manager will guide and mentor a team of producers and associate producers, and work with animators, reporters and section editors.
Here are examples of the videos the Business/Consumer team is producing:
Why Bed Bath & Beyond Is Facing Extinctionhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwPHZjtd4LQ
Why The Banana Business Of Chiquita And Dole Is At Riskhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkI3zkQ4WBo
Can Abercrombie And Fitch Make A Comeback?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-EMD0C8hYQ
Why McDonald’s Flopped In Vietnamhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9pthhpd7So
This role requires experience in managing a video team for a digital news organization; writing smart scripts; approving, framing, and assigning stories; using analytics to understand the CNBC audience and come up with new series and formats. The senior producer should have a depth of experience in journalism and digital media, be comfortable in a leadership role, and bring a thoughtful and original voice to the team.Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:Producing original videos focusing on business, consumer, retail, personal finance and other topics on brand for CNBCApproving story ideas, writing, editing and vetting scripts, providing constructive editorial and production feedbackDeveloping new video formats, styles and production workflowsCoaching and motivating producers to create their best work Participating in editorial meetings and representing the original video team to the greater organization Coordinating with partners across all CNBC platforms to develop new franchises of digital videoPartnering with writers, editors and reporters to create visual executions to their print stories
• At least 5 years of experience producing digital video content at a major online news publication
• Must have expert level experience with reporting, writing, editing and producing original video content
• Experience managing a team of digital producers
• Advanced knowledge of editing on Adobe Premiere
• Proficient in DSLR camera operation and studio lighting
• Demonstrated knowledge of online production and multimedia storytelling, and working knowledge of online publishing systems and technologies
• Broad knowledge of current events and financial news
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate organizational and time management skills and work well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy production equipment on a regular basis
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
• Exceptional written and verbal communication
• Strong analytical ability
• Works well in a collaborative environment
• Experience with drone, 360 and other innovative shooting formats
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.