Senior Vice President, Ad Sales Sports
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Partner with EVP and others to set budgets and sales goals for Sports sales staff within the framework of the division’s sales budget; work with VPs to develop and implement annual sales plans to maximize revenue and profitability.
• Encourage collaborative approach to client relationships amongst sales teams and drive revenue by working with ad sales leadership to create and implement a split partner system between the New York and national offices.
• Provide positive and effective leadership to sales teams. Recruit, develop, and coach sales talent in order to meet or exceed specific goals for profitable revenue growth. Effectively communicate the division’s vision and goals (both financial and qualitative) to the sales team and ensure that they understand and are motivated to achieve them. Lead Sports sales team to execute sales strategy across all platforms to maximize revenue.
• Encourage cohesive partnerships between the direct sales teams and other internal resources (Creative Partnerships, Planning, Inventory Management, Account Services and Sales Strategy).
• Work collaboratively with Creative Partnerships (Network Partnerships) and digital/television production and editorial teams to create innovative and salable ad products; drive integrated sales programs that focus on client needs and network priorities, to maximize leverage and variety of offerings across all platforms. Establish and maintain a culture of consultative selling at all levels.
• Develop and maintain solid relationships on behalf of NBCU with advertising and agency client partners. Participate in sales calls and presentations with major clients and/or when significant programs are presented as needed.
• Serve as sales advocate for all linear and digital Sports assets within the NBCU Portfolio. This includes working knowledge with all brands- Entertainment Lifestyle Group, Prime, News, and Hispanic and be a lieutenant of the overall NBCU sales organization to community at large.
• Oversee day to day negotiation strategy with all VPs for all upfront and scatter deals.
• Liaise with regional office leadership to provide guidance on overarching sales strategies.
• Minimum 15 years’ media sales experience required, including relevant client or agency background
• Proven ability to lead sales teams, specifically within sports industry
• Demonstrates executive-level presentation, leadership, and interpersonal skills
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required
• Ability to work in New York City
• Ability to work effectively in a highly matrixed environment
• Deep understanding of strategic approach to media plan development
• Proven broad knowledge of media landscape and competitive set
• Proven list of key client and agency relationships
• Experience on variety of categories and accounts
• Understanding of business drivers within various ad categories, and the ability to connect to media strategy and solutions
• Successful leadership experience, and demonstration of ability to work well across an organizational matrix
• Documented success building, managing, and retaining high-performance teams
• Strong communication skills
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.