Director, Marketing - Hispanic
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsibilities Reporting to the VP, Marketing – Creative Partnerships at NBCU, the Director will lead ad sales marketing strategy and will develop marketing offerings for Telemundo Primetime and Special 360 programming. The Director will manage a team and partner with Sales to develop strong marketing solutions to satisfy advertisers’ business needs and meet revenue goals. Ideal candidates will have a strong background in advertising (agency or media company experience); leading client-facing presentations; developing, managing and executing integrated marketing campaigns for blue chip clients in major advertising categories (i.e. Auto, Telecommunications, CPG, Beverages, etc.); and experience working with primetime programming: scripted, reality, award shows and specials.
STRATEGY & CLIENT FOCUS: Works with VP of Sales and VP of Marketing to develop positioning and sales story for programs and division; identifies and packages sales opportunities for Upfront and Scatter markets for his/her assigned genres/properties; uses insights and client intelligence to deliver marketing solutions that deliver on client KPIs; external focus to identify new content or technology capabilities that can be translated to revenue generating marketing opportunities; competitive landscape savvy and in tune with industry trends.
SALES MATERIALS DEVELOPMENT: Leads the development of proactive and reactive marketing materials for sales team developing client-centric pitch presentations and case studies (video or written form). Collaborates with VP and programming, production, branded content, legal, and emerging media teams to create multiscreen sponsorship opportunities in partnership with internal departments while vetting vet show-specific programming shaping the distribution and sales strategy of 360 products in response to marketplace needs.
CROSS-FUNCTIONAL COLLABORATION: Develop deep relationships with all internal and external stakeholders to push creativity and create new opportunities for our advertising partners that leverage the power of NBCUniversal’s portfolio of assets. Effectively and efficiently works with cross-functional teams (including, but not limited to, larger Hispanic Group Creative Partnerships team, Ad Sales team NBCU Entertainment & Lifestyle Group, legal counsel, branded entertainment, research, digital partnerships and show producers).
INNOVATION: External focus to identify new content, social platform capabilities, and/or technological developments that can be translated to revenue generating marketing opportunities.
MANAGEMENT: Oversees a team of marketers; directs day-to-day workflow of team, writes team’s yearly reviews, recommends training for team developmental needs and identifies opportunities to improve internal work processes by making recommendations -- and elevating those to VP. Contribute in the post-sell process to showcase program results and work with the sales team to refine and enhance concepts driving cross and up-sell opportunities – working to gather recap elements from Insights & Measurement, Linear/Digital Production, etc.
LEADERSHIP: Helps resolve conflicts, obtain and negotiate necessary internal buy-ins and vet marketing programs. Identifies and recommends campaigns that warrant press coverage and that require proper escalation; serve as our Primetime Ambassador of the Creative Partnerships team across NBCUniversal ad sales and marketing departments. Knowledge of and passion for holistic marketing and gold standard activation is delivered. Attend client meetings to present ideas or lead initial activation of integrated deals for high investment partners.
CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT/EXECUTION: Oversees overall execution of show sponsorship(s) and major events along with Marketing Manager(s), Specialists, and Branded Content partners.
• Four year degree (B.A., B.S.) from an accredited college, preferably with a discipline in marketing; MBA or graduate-level education preferred
• Minimum six years of marketing, production, agency and/or sales experience, where the individual worked within the integrated marketing and/or branded entertainment landscape.
• Relevant experience with Scripted, Reality and Award shows. Ideal individual has led the development and execution of 360 entertainment programs across categories and genres.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Ability to translate advertiser needs into “sellable” programs that generate revenue
• Aptitude to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
• Proven ability to negotiate and solve complex problems
• Proven ability to project manage successfully
• Proven ability to partner effectively with a sales organization, legal, senior management and external parties
• Exhibit executive maturity in communication and decision-making process
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with solid attention to detail
• Strong ability to anticipate and accommodate needs, requests and issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication – strong and effective public speaking skills
• Must be able to contribute ideas in a creative group atmosphere
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Bilingual (Spanish and English) preferred, but not required
• Sports fan, and knowledgeable of the international soccer landscape
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.