- Full Time
Team: Children's Media & Education
STATUS: Full Time/Regular/Non-Exempt
The Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative, editorial, event, and presentation support to the Chief Programming Executive and General Manager of Children’s Media and Education, acting as a critical liaison between the Executive, department, and colleagues. The Executive Assistant will facilitate day-to-day organization of the Children’s Media & Education team.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for complete organization of CPE/GM’s office. Duties include scheduling meetings and efficiently maintaining CPE/GM’s schedule, screening calls and mail, fielding inquiries directed to CPE/GM, and ensuring timely responses to queries and projects requiring CPE/GM’s approval.
- Coordinate meetings both in-house and off-site for CPE/GM, including preparing and assembling all related meeting materials, and making travel arrangements as needed.
- Coordinate and prepare all of CPE/GM’s speaking engagements, including writing and editing speeches and creating PowerPoint presentations, especially for PBS Annual Meeting.
- Support the Children's Media & Education Core Matrix Team. Responsibilities include developing the agenda for the team’s weekly meetings, taking and distributing notes, and assisting with strategic planning and prioritization.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordination of bi-monthly department meetings, events providing opportunities for professional development and team building, and other large conferences and events, as needed.
- Responsible for preparing monthly headlines reports, expense reports for the CPE/GM, and payroll logs and timesheets for the department.
- Responsible for organizing and keeping track of all of CPE/GM’s files and records.
- Work with confidential corporate and personnel matters related to Children’s Media & Education.
Requirements for success:
- 3+ years of administrative experience with project coordination preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience supporting executive level/senior management
- Experience working in communications or media industry environment strongly preferred
- Speechwriting experience strongly preferred
- Marketing and advertising background preferred
- Public television experience preferred
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Excellent computer application and presentation development knowledge and skills, including Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel experience
- Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills, with experience in speechwriting, research, proofreading and editing
- Experience handling scheduling for extremely busy executives
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills, including outstanding phone skills
- Detail-oriented, proactive, professional, and a problem solver with good judgment
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks and to prioritize work, and be comfortable with a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work with little direction, and to work well with others
- Ability to maintain a high quality of standards
- Self-starting with tremendous initiative and solid follow-through skills
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities