6 days left
- Full Time
The Digital Editor has responsibility for all of the Compass’ digital content while also driving our Digital Editorial strategy in collaboration with the Head of Technology. The Digital Editor is always pushing to try new things and thinking of mobile, digital, interactive, multimedia angles to stories and possibilities for new digital products and services.
Within the editorial department and in collaboration with the Head of Technology, they are the champion of all things digital.
The Digital Editor is responsible for the content of the Compass’ newspaper and any and all vertical brands on all digital platforms (web, mobile phones, and tablets). The Digital Editor shares the responsibility for the performance of all of the brands on the digital platforms in terms of traffic quantity and quality, app downloading volume, social media engagement, etc. The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Maximize SEO techniques, monitor results and make adjustments accordingly.
- Organize, coordinate and monitor the training of the Compass Media Editorial Department in SEO skills.
- Ensure and interpret the collection of data and its mission-focused analysis and develop digital strategies.
- Review and interpret the Data Analyst’s collection of data, jointly develop digital strategies and determine and monitor the metrics used to take decisions.
- Monitor new technologies and facilitate adoption of appropriate technologies and techniques.
- Recommend new products, and shepherd them through development.
- Promote data journalism and engage in long-form journalism projects.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years’ practical experience in digital editing in web products in the publishing/marketing industry; Advertising Agency experience is a plus;
- Must have a high level of expertise in Adobe Creative Suite applications, particularly inDesign CS6, Photoshop CS6, inCopy CS6, Illustrator CS6 and Acrobat Pro;
- Proven knowledge and understanding of newspaper design, pagination and layout principles and application;
- Knowledge and significant experience with wordpress is essential;
- The successful candidate must be proficient in grammar, syntax, and the professional use of the English language;
- Willingness and ability to work long hours and to tight deadlines, as is the nature of our industry;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Applicants will be asked to provide past examples of work.
All interested applicants should email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 20th December, 2019.
Apply for Digital Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly