The Audio Division of Penguin Random House is looking for a Post Production Associate to facilitate the accurate and timely delivery of audiobook projects. The role will manage and deliver audio assets, maintain and archive materials for all company websites, and troubleshoot software and hardware issues.
Our audiobooks have won 13 Grammy Awards, 69 Audie Awards, and 15 Odyssey Awards and we want you to become a part of our winning team!
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
* Investigating and repairing audio master errors and generating metadata per spec.
* Keeping track of incoming repair requests and ensuring timely resolutions.
* Reformatting audio masters to current set of specs or to a different format.
* Creating and uploading audio samples and fulfilling other media requests.
* Providing technical and miscellaneous support to recording studios with audio equipment, computer equipment, iPads, etc.
* Daily prepping of studios for technical setups as well as cleanliness.
* Providing coverage for pickup scheduling and for recording setups.
* Providing coverage for session data entries.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum of 1 year of experience with handling and manipulating audio files, audio editing, and engineering
* Proven experiences in voice-only audio editing
* A proven understanding of various audio file formats and their specs
* Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
* Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a large team
* Ability to communicate efficiently and to follow up
* Professional experience in a studio or computer technical support role a big plus
* Professional experience working with database and metadata a big plus
* Knowledge in computer programming, digital media formats, and post production a plus
* Experience with CD mastering a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.