The Master Control/Hub Systems Engineer installs, maintains and provides technical and operational support to mechanical and electronic equipment within the Centralcast facility, with primary responsibilities focused in Meredith's Southeast Master Control Hub.
II. Essential Job Functions Weight % Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
40% Provides prompt service in support of daily Master Control Hub operations.
30% Troubleshoots hardware and software problems on all Broadcast equipment. Repairs component or board level as appropriate.
10% Performs preventative maintenance on facility equipment.
10% Installs, updates, and documents needed equipment changes to support operational requirements of facility
5% Creates procedure and equipment flow documentation. Writes discrepancy reports.
III. Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements | All must be met to be considered.
Education: Associate's degree in Electronics or Computer Science, or equivalent training and/or experience. SBE Broadcast Engineer Certification and computer-related Certification (Microsoft-Cisco) preferred.
Experience: Five to seven years experience maintaining technical equipment in a television broadcast or multi-station playout facility is required.
Experience with computers, servers, data infrastructure including Ethernet and fiber in support of IP and communications protocols, and computer operating systems.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Imagine ADC Automation, Imagine video servers, Telestream Vantage, audio and video routers, satellite dishes, receivers, master control switchers, non-linear editing systems, and other electronic equipment associated with a centralized master control playout facility.
- Ability to install and configure computer hardware, software, and troubleshoot computer-related problems in support of broadcast-specific technology.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical personnel to resolve equipment issues.
- Good written and verbal skills, positive work attitude, a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize and make frequent changes to work plans without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to make decisions quickly under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Must be motivated to learn new broadcast technologies and deepen knowledge of existing systems.
- Must have a good understanding of system design and be able to create and follow signal flow drawings.
% Travel Required (Approximate): Less than 5% (Minimal)