Event Strategy and Production Consultant
The Ford Foundation is a leader in convening a wide variety of gatherings and activities related to social justice. Strategic, well-crafted events are a powerful way to advance our mission and build momentum for change. We are pleased to have the opportunity to host and support many of them at the Ford Foundation Center for Social Justice.
We are currently looking for consultants to partner with the Events Strategy and Production team to support in content production, aspects of event curation and design for our high volume of events expected in 2020. The consultant(s) will work in alignment with and under the direction of Director, Strategy and Programming. This would include scoping and collaborating with the client(s), managing talent relationships and developing event materials. They will also coordinate with various stakeholders to ensure alignment of strategy and content.
The ideal candidates will be problem solvers who are organized, detail oriented, and driven to achieve the highest results possible. They’ll also be creative storytellers who will be able to use their curious minds to fuel content and bring concepts to life.
We are looking for the consultant(s) to start engagements as early as mid-January to early February.
- Curate and design select events, which includes working with the client from inception to brainstorm and refine event strategy, objectives and audience
- Research topics and programming themes with client
- Book, prep, script and handle day-of talent
- Liaise with multimedia producer for video/multimedia content
- Draft, write and edit collateral materials, including invitations, screens and agendas
- Coordinate with Production Coordinator on all event-related collateral, including final quality control
- Coordinate with Office of Communications on additional communications-related marketing and materials, including social media plan, marketing plans or editorial content
- Coordinate with Event Planner and Producer, on event production
- 3-5 years event programming and design in live events
- Must be a self-starter who can execute projects and deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to be a strong collaborator
- Strong client management experience and have a high degree of emotional intelligence in order to partner effectively with different audiences and clients
- Comprehensive understanding of events field nationally and internationally
- Comprehensive understanding of Ford Foundation mission, strategy and programming
- Editorial and copy editing experience
- Ability to manage among multiple concurrent projects with competing and unpredictable schedules
- Communication skills: particularly public relations/public speaking
Length of Engagement
- Length of engagement(s) will vary depending on the need of support for specific events
- The hours of this role will be varied depending on the department's needs