Manager, Sports Planning
Posted: 11/20/2019 | Expires: 12/20/2019
Location: New York City, New York (US)
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: Commensurate to experience
We are seeking a Sports Planning Manager! As the Sports Planning Manager, you translate approved strategies for the unit into short-term objectives and plans. You also implement and enforce approved policies and procedures. Outcomes directed by your team, have a moderate impact on function's short-term results. As the Sports Planning Manger, you obtain and allocate resources to meet operating plans.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support advertising sales product decision-making by researching, analyzing and reporting on availability and performance of advertising inventory.
- Conduct analyses and reports to assist in capacity planning and maximizing yield from advertising revenues.
- Establish, modify and enforce operational deadlines. Resolve schedule problems and related issues. Approve and direct the implementation of master advertising traffic schedule.
- Develop and maintain information databases that assist the sales function
- Track actual sales versus quotas and to ensure accurate reporting to sales management
- Special projects as assigned.
- Develop new reports/formats as needed.
- Identify problems that impede goal of high(est) effective CPM possible.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- BS or BA preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- At least 3 years of related experience
- Strong practical mathematical/media math skills
- Excel proficiency; experience with Ad Sales systems, preferably operational & strategic components
- Analytical ability, capable of managing people and processes
- Strong follow through, detail oriented