Polywise is creating a fun, interactive way to read long-form nonfiction content in bite-sized visual sessions. Just as podcasts brought a feeling of productivity to the morning commute, we’re turning shorter breaks throughout the day into moments of interactive, visual learning. The core of our product is a new format for nonfiction content that’s designed from the ground up for the mobile use case - easy to consume but impactful visual learning experiences on your phone.
Our small team has experience at some of the biggest technology, publishing, and mobile games companies. We’re a very well-funded seed-stage startup backed by some of the most successful investors in the world. Now we’re looking to make our first full-time writing hire.
We’re seeking a writer/editor with 2+ years of experience writing long-form nonfiction content, and who is excited to work on a completely new media format. This is a contract role, with the potential for a full-time editorial lead role in the future.
- Write in-depth, accessible content for our nonfiction reading platform. Some content is based on popular books and other sources, while other content will be entirely original.
- Revise and edit written work from a team of freelance writers.
- Collaborate with illustrators and animators to create informative and elegant visuals that complement the written content.
- Work with the CEO and the Head of Product to establish writing and editing processes and guidelines for the company.
- Help develop an entirely new mobile-centric type of long-form nonfiction writing.
- Based in New York and able to work in our office full time
- 2+ years experience in a writing or editorial role before, working on articles, multimedia stories, books, and/or educational content
- Able to respond to feedback and turn around new revisions very quickly
- Highly organized and able to meet deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Learning fanatic: You love learning new things and consume tons of nonfiction content - books, lectures, documentaries, courses, podcasts, wikipedia pages, etc.
Apply for Writer/Editor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly