6 days left
- Full Time
The Cox Automotive SEO Manager will be based at our offices in Atlanta, Georgia. They will report to the Director of SEO Strategy and be responsible for providing consultation and expert advice to teams both within Cox Automotive (Autotrader, Kelly Blue Book) and to a lesser extent on the client/partner side regarding organic search.
They will manage the day-today activities of three Atlanta-based team members and be involved in discussions, recommendations and decisions regarding short and long-term business objectives.
They are an above-average presenter/speaker who is comfortable in front of executives and medium-large sized groups. The SEO Manager has hands-on experience with a variety of popular analytics and SEO tools making them able to create intuitive presentations which clearly illustrate challenging often challenging concepts and organic traffic metrics.
The SEO Manager identifies opportunities to maximize return on investment (ROI) for multiple brands which are in line with established key performance indicators and global metrics. They are highly collaborative and capable of being a primary resource for others requiring basic to advanced level knowledge of SEO business facets and will have frequent interactions with other departments within Cox Automotive - including Engineering, Marketing and Editorial.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Manage ATL-based team member's daily activities and strategy in conjunction with the Director of SEO who oversees additional locations and direct reports.
- Demonstrate expertise through preparation and delivery of intuitive SEO presentations regularly and in response to internal stakeholder requests for analysis of progress/challenges. Regularly present to other teams and executives with confidence and cross-channel context.
- Stay abreast of new developments and changes in Internet marketing; proactively share best practices, trends and tips with team and actively research, test and propose new approaches to improving rankings and results for Cox brands via thought leadership. This is a hands-on role.
- Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred 10 or more years of SEO work experience.
- Advanced analytics expertise, and experience with multiple common reporting platforms/tools is required.
- Strong knowledge of web-based applications and common Internet protocols.
- Basic knowledge of web display languages and Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to manage difficult situations, has strong copywriting and proofreading skills, is highly customer focused (internal and external) and is an engaging subject matter expert and presenter.
- Strong time and people management skills, above average ability to multi-task proactively and in response to issues as they arise, adept at problem-solving.
Reporting Relationships and Contacts:
- This position reports to the Director of SEO Strategy and interacts regularly with all levels of co-workers in the Engineering, Product, UX, Marketing, and Analytics departments.
What We Look For (preferred):
- Knowledge of web development techniques
- Enterprise-level Automotive industry SEO experience
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.