Director, Strategy and Development
5 days left
- Full Time
The Director position will play a key leadership role in the Corporate Strategy and Development team, which is responsible for supporting Cox Communications’ corporate strategy formation and strategic planning activities. You will play a critical role in evaluating the company’s most important strategies and initiatives; and providing valuable insight and analysis which will be used to influence the strategic direction of the company. Responsibilities include supporting the design and execution of our long-term growth vision and strategy at the enterprise and BU level, assisting in the strategic planning process that aligns CCI’s focus areas and resource allocation with our strategic priorities, and continuously scanning and assessing our external environment for industry events and trends that could impact our strategic plan.
- Leads the assessment and valuation of new business opportunities and potential threats to sustainability of current business plans, including competition
- Collaborates with our New Growth & Development group to identify and assess emerging growth opportunities
- Manage and facilitate key aspects of the strategic planning process to align CCI’s resources with strategic priorities and direction
- Conducts market and competitor research to identify possible threats and opportunities, with a focus on impacts within Cox’s long-term planning horizon
- Continuously monitors the competitive environment and prepares reports for management to assist in making tactical and strategic business decisions
- Assists sales and marketing teams in the effective use of information for the purpose of developing the organization's own competitive standing
- Collaborates with industry peers, partners, suppliers, and key organizations to understand, influence, and communicate trends and requirements in our products and services
- Leads evaluation, consensus-building, decision-making and implementation of Cox's strategies on specific industry issues, policies, emerging technologies, platform and convergence decisions, intellectual property rights and special projects
- Collaborates with a cross-functional team including the field, finance, legal, engineering, marketing, operations, IT, and others to develop a consensus around and support for assigned projects
- 3+ years of experience in a management role, leading cross functional projects, and/or corporate strategy disciplines
- Requires strong knowledge and experience with strategic analysis frameworks and tools; demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong research, writing and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization and functional areas
- Demonstrated ability to manage detailed and complex information in a rapidly changing environment
- Significant attention to detail and follow-up
- Professional “polish”; executive presence and confidence
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Marketing, Business, Engineering etc.).
- MBA from a top 20 business school desired
- Experience and depth in the telecommunications and media industry desired with specific expertise in video and the MCV/MVPD industry strongly desired
- 3-5 years in a top tier strategy consulting firm (e.g., Bain, McKinsey, BCG) preferred
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.