Part Time Digital Content Producer
5 days left
- Full Time
A digital content producer is a skilled writer and an expert in the field of social media. They operate as an integral member of the Digital Desk, but their primary responsibility is to drive results to help FOX13 meet analytics-based goals and convert digital users into television viewers.
Attributes for this position:
- Strong writer with the ability to flourish in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Knowledge of web content management systems and social media platforms
- Decisive decision maker who can turn stories under strict deadlines
- Gather, create and post content accurately and timely onto FOX13 digital platforms in support of our digital strategies. These duties include writing web stories, managing placement of content on the website, and posting to our social media channels.
- Constantly monitor web and social analytics and use social tools to make strategic decisions.
- Work with reporters and photographers to gather material that will enhance digital stories.
- Cull FOX13 social media sites for comments and content to help drive and enhance our editorial process
- Track story developments, both local and national, and communicate with the newsroom throughout the day.
- Assist assignment editors by fielding phone calls, listening to police/emergency scanners for breaking news, and communicating with officials as needed to confirm developments.
The successful candidate will have at least one year of solid digital, broadcast or print journalism experience, along with demonstrated creative and innovative use of social media.
- Command of HTML code, Adobe Photoshop, non-linear editing is beneficial, but not required
- Knowledge of FOX13 tri-state region is beneficial, but not required
The candidate should have a degree in journalism, communications, or a related field of study.
This position reports to the Digital Content Manager
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.