Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
A generalist who can conceptualize, design, develop, execute and animate broadcast design projects such as show packaging, promo treatment, and other motion design elements for on-air, off-air, social, digital, sales and marketing materials and multiplatform network and branding promotional initiatives for Universal Kids.Ability to work closely with project management, internal designers and departments.
Universal Kids represents the world of NBCUniversal family brands. As a kid-focused ecosystem with great TV content at the center, Universal Kids is programmed for the 2-12 year old audience, with a fresh mix of animated content, unscripted entertainment and proven international hits. Launched in September 2017 and available in over 59 million homes, Universal Kids is available for kids and families across all platforms, including on air, online, On Demand and via mobile with the Universal Kids app.
The Broadcast / Multiplatform Designer is responsible for on-air and multiplatform design projects within the Marketing department of Universal Kids. This position reports into the Vice President of Creative Marketing.
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
• Minimum 1-3 years’ experience working at a network (Preferably a kids network) or broadcast design agency
• Excellent knowledge in animation design software in the Adobe Suite with emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects. Basic knowledge of After Effects expressions & scripting, and 3D software is a plus.
• Knowledge and experience developing and executing concepts, designing style frames and storyboards are required
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #53050BR)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Good communication skills and the ability to take ownership of ideas and processes
• A strong collaborative spirit and ability to work and communicate effectively with varying personalities
• Proactive thinker with the ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and coordinate with team members
• Juggle multiple assignments, work under tight deadlines and function as a team player.
• Manage workflow while remaining organized, and have the ability to work both supervised and unsupervised
• Basic understanding of emerging platforms and technologies ( VR, AI, AR, Coding etc….)
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.