Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Contribute to cloud-based CI/CD process for NBC Entertainment’s backend and front ends supporting NBC Entertainment’s streaming video applications.Deliver working features at the end of every sprint.Automating build processes for native iOS, Android, and living room platforms. Contribute to the design and maintenance an AWS cloud-based infrastructure that performs at internet scale. Design and implement automation scripts for deployment, monitoring, and operations.Build new stacks from ELBs, app servers and databases with automated code deployment.Deploy and manage code into serverless environments for scale.Troubleshoot and correct production issues as they occur. Collaborate with product and project team members to ensure timely delivery of quality releases. Contribute to planning and assignment of development tasks for the team.
NBC Entertainment Digital is a fast paced, innovative marketing and technology group that builds award-winning digital products. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning technology world is that we get to work with high profile, recognized content on multi-platforms and have the backing of a world leading Media Company. If you want to work on the future of television alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
• Experience as a DevOps engineer with cloud based solutions (AWS strongly preferred)
• Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or applicable work experience
• Minimum 2 years of experience with automation/provisioning/configuration management with Puppet, Chef, Docker. Kubernetes or Cloud Formation Templates
• Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience working with AWS
• Strong CS fundamentals, troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills
• Strong scripting skills (shell script, python, perl, php)
• Experience with security guidelines and secure coding practices
• Experience with CI/CD build and deployment practices
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain issues clearly to non-technical stakeholders
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.