Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Provide strategic direction and architectural leadership for NBC Entertainment’s cloud-based backend systems.Set priorities and coordinate projects and resources to align with business goals.Manage the design of new software initiatives.Review and improve existing systems and constantly improve performance and scale while attempting to reduce complexity and cost.Manage system, infrastructure and systems monitoring tools and process to proactively identify and resolve problems in the production environment.Build and maintain relationships with other internal support groups and vendors.Manage and design system integrations with internal technical groups and vendors.Ensure corporate security standards are met or exceeded for NBC Digital’s production systems.Lead the planning and implementation of new systems and integrations into production usage.
NBC Entertainment Digital is a fast paced, innovative marketing and technology group that builds award-winning digital products. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning technology world is that we get to work with high profile, recognized content on multi-platforms and have the backing of a world leading Media Company. If you want to work on the future of television alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
Plan and design solutions using cloud architecture to deploy, scale, manage, monitor, support and operate all backend technology for NBC Entertainment’s streaming video applications. Implement and deploy personalization algorithms and machine learning models at scale. This role reports to the Vice President of Technology.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum 3 years of leading a technical team. Leading multiple teams highly desired
• Minimum 7 years of experience in technical roles
• Experience designing and implementing software engineering efforts for large scale internet applications
• Ability to manage critical situations and guide efforts with technical partners and vendors for successful delivery
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to perform under pressure
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Detailed understanding of technical dependencies between backend systems and front-end applications
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.