NBC Sports Digital is looking for a newsdesk producer to join our growing team. The role includes day-to-day editorial maintenance and production of the site, as well as working with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, broadcast) and external stakeholders to ensure proper execution of NBC Sports content. Responsibilities Produce and edit content on NBCSports.com as part of a 24/7 sports news cycle, including monitoring wires, editing copy, writing headlines, programming complementary video content and managing day-to-day story placement.Publish, optimize, and distribute video tailored for nbcsports.com, the NBC Sports app, and YouTube.Consult on production of original digital videos, specifically for YouTube.Optimize and package written content for SEO and external partners to maximize sharing, engagement, and video/livestreaming consumption.Distribute NBC Sports written and video content via app notifications, YouTube, and external partners.Program editorial content across multiple apps and digital platforms, including connected devices and mobile.React to news about core NBC Sports properties, such as Sunday Night Football, NASCAR, Premier League, NHL, Olympics, Notre Dame Football, etc., and coordinate appropriate coverage with writing and digital video production staff. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or Digital Media or related field
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in digital media or newsroom
- Excellent writing and editing skills required
- Proficiency with Photoshop
- Proven SEO experience
- Ability to apply analytical thinking to daily tasks
- Ability to work long hours as needed, including weekends and holidays
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- In-depth knowledge of successful digital content strategies
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to watch our network and view our website on a regular basis
- General understanding of digital livestreaming platforms
- Basic knowledge of core NBC Sports properties, such as Sunday Night Football, NASCAR, Premier League, NHL, Olympics, Notre Dame Football, strongly preferred
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.