NBC Entertainment Digital is a fast paced, innovative marketing and technology group that builds award-winning digital products. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning technology world is that we get to work with high profile, recognized content on multi-platforms and have the backing of a world leading Media Company. If you want to work on the future of television alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you. Job Purpose:
The Senior Manager of Digital Content & Editorial sits on the team responsible for editorial curation and programming of nbc.com and the NBC app – home to some of the best entertainment from America’s #1 Network. They will also play a hands-on role in helping to program the part of the suite of NBCU Cable Entertainment network apps, including Bravo, SYFY, USA and others.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving key customer engagement and video consumption metrics by curating programming across a variety of audience segments both in editorial and in marketing communications. They are a data driven-thinker who uses insights and analysis to guide editorial strategies and daily operational decisions, so that the right content is surfaced to the right customer at the right time. This is a critical position that continues to help shape the audience of a large video streaming platform across a variety of brands.
The consummate team player, this candidate will partner across functions and business units to drive new show discovery by editorializing & programming a variety of content across streaming video apps throughout NBCU and within CRM marketing communications. This person will have a knack for understanding the needs of various stakeholders, and will know how to coordinate with them effectively. Essential Responsibilities: Manage the daily editorial curation of content across the suite of network streaming apps at NBCU (i.e. NBC, Bravo, SYFY, USA, etc)Help maintain monthly editorial / promotional calendar, while finding opportunities to align with CRM initiativesHands on management of daily app and site operations, including building content on a CMS platform on a daily basis and write source code when necessary. Must have the ability and willingness to manage an ever-changing content pipeline 7 days a week, including the creation of playlists and content shelvesAssist in execution of testing roadmap, working alongside marketing technology vendors, network partners and internal stakeholders to execute tests and implement new capabilities Participate in execution of holistic marketing campaigns in partnership with Product Marketing & CRM teams, including helping execute email, push, and onboarding campignsWork with data team to create and maintain editorial dashboards in Domo/Amplitude, making improvements to ensure insights are actionableDeliver monthly editorial recap reports, including analyzing results and making recommendations for future effortsPartner with UI/UX on new editorial capabilities and provide input on requirementsWork alongside NBC Sports, NBC News, and other NBCU business units to stay abreast of upcoming tentpole events and to promote and support those teams’ programming prioritiesBasic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 3 years of experience managing a high-traffic digital editorial, e-commerce or video (video app services a plus), including at least 2 years of experience as a writer and editor
• Adept writing and copy-editing skills, helping bring television and feature stories to life across a variety of platforms (i.e. Apple News, Podcasts, etc)
• Demonstrated experience with analyzing data to make editorial & content recommendations. Previous experience with A/B testing preferred.
• Familiarity working with data visualization software like Tableau, DOMO or Amplitude
• Previous experience working with colleagues from various business functions including marketing, analytics, creative, product management and video operations.
• Highly proficient at leveraging Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (including pivot tables) to deliver executive level presentations. The ability to convey complex information simply & succinctly will be criticalEligibility Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution ProgramDesired Characteristics:
• Passion for TV, movies, and pop culture.
• Previous television, music or entertainment industry experience.
• Organized with an acute attention to detail and focus on delivering excellence.
• Flexibility and an ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and project management skills
• Self-starter who can work independently, is proactive, resourceful and possess good follow-through.
• An understanding of SEO data analysis and ability to apply knowledge by optimizing—and proposing—site content for organic search intent.
• Experience with mParticle, Amplitude, LaunchDarkly, DOMO, and/or JIRA a plus.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.